Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a library resource available to all students equally?
You are welcome to place materials on Desk Reserve. These are kept behind the library desk. Students may borrow and use the resource in the library, but cannot take it away with them.
- How do I place materials on Desk Reserve?
Bring items for Desk Reserve to the Information Desk. You will need to advise which paper the items are for and how long you wish to reserve them. It can take a couple of days for library staff to process new Desk Reserve items.
What is available?
- We have two tutorial/meeting rooms available:
Library Room 1 (Lib1) is the larger room with a data projector fixed to the ceiling. It comfortably seats 20-25 people around tables. It contains a roll-up screen, whiteboard, and computer.
Library Room 2 (Lib2) is the slightly smaller room. It comfortably seats 20 people around tables. It contains a whiteboard, TV, and computer.
- Library Room 3 (Lib3) is available for small meetings - it can hold about five people, and has one computer available
- Who can book the tutorial/meeting rooms?
Current students and staff at IPU New Zealand. We occasionally book them for external use at the request of IPU New Zealand Reception.
- How do I book a Tutorial Room?
We keep a booking diary at the Information Desk. Contact us with the room you wish to book, time and duration required. Bookings are display on a small whiteboard outside Lib1. Rooms are booked on a first come, first served basis. Rooms may be booked by staff for a semester at a time.
Do library staff provide information literacy tutorials?
Tutorials are provided on request. These include:
- Library tour/orientation
- Library catalogue - finding materials on the shelf
- Introduction to database searching
- Internet search skills
- Database search skills
- APA referencing
- Using Zotero
- Who orders textbooks for a paper?
The Lecturer must discuss with their Head of School and provide a signed textbook form to the Senior Library Assistant. If possible, it is best to order textbooks 6 weeks before term starts.
- How do I get a book (or other resource) from another library?
Email email@example.com with the details of your request (minimum requirements: title, author, year). There is no charge for staff.
Copyright & Licensing
- What do I need to know about copyright and licensing requirements at IPU New Zealand?
Copyright must be observed. Please contact IPU New Zealand Library for further advice.
- We have a license with the Copyright Licensing Authority (you can find out what you can do here) and a copyright course can be undertaken here.