Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a library resource available to all students equally?
You are welcome to place materials on Desk Reserve. These are kept behind the library desk. Students may borrow and use the resource in the library, but cannot take it away with them.
- How do I place materials on Desk Reserve?
Bring items for Desk Reserve to the Information Desk. You will need to advise which paper the items are for and how long you wish to reserve them. It can take a couple of days for library staff to process new Desk Reserve items.
Teaching and Tutorial Rooms
- What is available?
We have two tutorial rooms available:
Tutorial Room 1 (T1) is the larger room with a data projector fixed to the ceiling. It comfortably seats 20-25 people around tables. It contains a roll-up screen, whiteboard, and computer.
Tutorial Room 2 (T2) is the slightly smaller room. It comfortably seats 20 people around tables. It contains a whiteboard, TV, and computer.
- Who can book the Tutorial Room?
Current students and staff at IPU New Zealand. We occasionally book them for external use at the request of IPU New Zealand Reception.
- How do I book a Tutorial Room?
We keep a booking diary at the Information Desk. Contact us with the room you wish to book, time and duration required. Bookings are display on a small whiteboard outside T1 each day. Rooms are booked on a first come, first served basis. Rooms may be booked for a semester at a time if you have a regular class.
- Do library staff provide information literacy tutorials?
Yes. The library will provide tutorials on request. These include:
- Foundation modules
- 1. Library tour/orientation
- 2. Library catalogue - finding materials on the shelf
- 3. "My Library" - using a personal account
- 4. Introduction to database searching
- Who orders textbooks for a paper?
The lecturer of the paper. Select a text for purchase and complete a Textbook Requisition Form. Please read the Textbook Ordering Guidelines for information on the textbook ordering process, from requisition through to distribution. If possible, it is best to order textbooks 6 weeks before term starts.
- How do I get a book (or other resource) from another library?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request (minimum requirements: title, author, year). There is no charge for staff members.
Copyright & Licensing
- What do I need to know about copyright and licensing requirements at IPU New Zealand?
Here's the Copyright Information Sheet to read. If that doesn't cover your question, please contact IPU New Zealand Library for further advice.