FOR NEW ZEALAND STUDENTS
Including permanent residents
To enrol at IPU New Zealand, students must gain University Entrance through one of the following admission criteria:
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE OF EDUATIONAL ACHEIVEMENT (NCEA)
To meet the University Entrance (UE) criteria, a student must achieve all of the following:
- a minimum of 14 credits in each of three approved Level 3 subjects, and
- a minimum of 10 credits at level 1 or higher in Numeracy, and
- a minimum of 10 credits at level 2 or higher in Literacy; 5 credits must be in Reading and 5 credits must be in Writing.
Further details and a list of approved subjects is available at www.nzqa.govt.nz
New Zealand or Australian citizens and permanent residents who turn 20 before the start date of their programme are eligible to apply for admission regardless of the above criteria. However, an interview with the appropriate Dean is recommended prior to enrolment.
Students with other qualifications, such as Cambridge International Examinations or International Baccalaureate, should contact IPU New Zealand directly and their application will be assessed on an individual basis.
For those who received their secondary or tertiary education in another country, or wish for their individual circumstances or qualifications to be assessed (under Discretionary Entry criteria), please contact IPU New Zealand directly.
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Completion of high school curriculum (or proof of academic equivalence with high school graduates);
- Appropriate English level, evidenced by an internationally recognised English test (within two years of application for admission) OR having studied for 5 years in an English-medium secondary school
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised institution with an average of at least 50%.
- An International Qualifications Assessment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority may be requested.
- Applicants may be asked to take a supplementary admission test and / or interview.
- Submit the application form
- Submit formally certified academic records (English)
- Pay the application fee.
Applications close six weeks before the beginning of a Semester or Term of study.
For more details, see How to Apply.
As part of the visa application process, you will be asked to
- Submit of an Offer of Place from IPU New Zealand.
(This will be provided after IPU New Zealand accepts your application for provisional admission)
- Submit receipt of full payment of annual fees to IPU New Zealand
(This will be provided after IPU New Zealand receives both payment and completed Confirmation of Acceptance form from the student)