Japanese Immersion Programme
We are excited to offer new students enrolled in our BCIS (Bachelor of Contemporary International Studies), Diploma of Japanese studies and Diploma in Tourism & Travel Studies for April 2018 an amazing trip to Japan for approximately three weeks to see Japan for themselves (From March 12 to April 2nd ‐ Exact dates and duration subject to flights). They will meet the people, see the sights, experience life in Japan and become stronger in Japanese. Accommodation, flights and breakfast and dinner when on IPU Japan campus will be covered for only $500.00. This trip is a fantastic opportunity for students to make lifetime friends in a fantastic environment and is our way of showing our commitment to building the best global citizens New Zealand can offer.
This amazing opportunity is only available to the first 50 new students for April 2018 who have completed enrolment. This will be a trip to remember!
- Visit IPU Japan and study on location at our main Japan campus
- Make friends with local Japanese students on campus and at high schools before they come to New Zealand
- Get immersed in the culture at local festivals and activities
- Get involved with the language directly through IPU seminars and orientation
- Experience the culture first hand and really see for yourself the opportunities available
GUIDE FOR STUDENTS
TRAVELING AS A GROUP
For the duration of the the IPU New Zealand domestic orientation you will be travelling in a group. As you travel on a group trip you will be exposed to all the pleasures and maybe some of the frustrations of travelling in a group. Your fellow travellers will probably come from all over New Zealand. We ask you to be understanding of the various needs and preferences of your group - patience with your fellow travellers is sometimes required for the benefit of everyone's travel experience. Remember too that you have responsibilities to the group. If you are requested to be at a place at a certain time, ensure that you don't keep the rest of the group waiting.
When it comes to spending money on the trip, every traveller is a little different. You know your spending habits better than we do, so please budget a sensible amount for things like meals not included, drinks, shopping, optional activities and laundry. It's always better to bring a little more than you think you'll need. Also make sure you've read your trip details thoroughly so you know what's included in the trip price and what isn't. This should make budgeting a little easier. You'll find this info in the Inclusions section of your Essential Trip Information.
Travel insurance is compulsory. We require that, at a minimum, you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
INCLUSIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Students pay $500 towards their travel. This is what you get:
- IPU Japan subsidies your return travel from Auckland International Airport to Kansai International Airport, and covers scheduled internal travel in Japan.
- You receive accommodation at IPU dormitories.
- Two meals per day at IPU campus (Breakfast and Dinner).
What the student will need to arrange (and pay for) for themselves during the trip:
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip.
- The travel costs of getting to and from Auckland International Airport, from their place of residence.
- Meal costs on trips to Tokyo (up to 3 days) and Osaka (up to 2 days).
- Meal costs for lunch on the IPU campus (Approximately 400yen per meal).
- Spending money.
- Any other costs not specifically mentioned.
To qualify students will need to have enrolled and be approved for an appropriate study programme with IPU New Zealand. This overseas orientation is open to students who are New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand PR. Students will be required to sign a bond of up to $3000 for one year (two semesters) of study. Students who successfully complete these two semesters are not required to pay any further cost toward the travel highlighted above. Those who do not will be required to account to IPU for the costs spent on their travel, up to a level of $3000.
For more information about our next intake, please contact our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org