- About IPU
- Enrolments & Assistance
- Student Life
- Your Future
- Contact Us
- International Students
Tuition/ Accommodation Fees
For New Zealand students (including Permanent Residents)
- Tuition - NZ$3,624 for full-time study per year* (Degree and diploma of Japanese)
- Facility fee - NZ$800 per year (includes all prescribed textbooks)
- Compulsory Student Services Fee (CSSF) Click here for details
- Application Fee - NZ$50
*Tuition fees are adjusted annually and applied at the start of each new academic year. Diploma of tourism tuition fees are $4480 for full-time study per year.
- Applicants in certificate, diploma or degree programmes are entitled to enrol in up to eight papers in total during the Academic Year. Additional papers will incur extra tuition fees.
- A Facility Fee is required for access to the Library, Recreation Centre, computer laboratories, the internet, teaching materials, and textbooks.
This residential fee includes three meals per day, seven days a week provided in our dining hall.
Accommodation - Pricing
- Small private room (Halls 1-6) $220 per week (Will increase to $240 from April 2018)
- Large private room (Halls 7,8,10) $240 per week (Will increase to $260 from April 2018)
- A $500 bond, $250 service fee, and first week's rent are to be paid in advance.
- Halls 1-6: Approx 7 square metres
- Halls 7-8: Approx 11 square metres
- Hall 10: Approx 10.5 square metres
All rooms are subject to availability. Students cannot reserve a particular hall or room, but we will endeavour to allocate your choice wherever possible.
Student Loan/Student Allowance
NZ citizens and Permanent Residents may be eligible for a student loan to cover their tuition and facility fees, and a student loan or allowance to help with accommodation/living costs.
For information on student loan/allowance eligibility, and to start your application, visit Studylink's website here.
For International Students
Please see International Students' tuition and accommodation fee details here