THE SOSHI EDUCATION GROUP
The starting point of the SOSHI Educational Group was when Hiroshi Ohashi, founder of the group, started a private after-school tutoring service, 'Learning Circle', with four children. While teaching and learning with them, Ohashi became so inspired that he decided to devote his life to education. While passionately continuing his work, Ohashi found myriad issues concerning education for children. 'We must change education', thought Ohashi. 'We must create education that we believe will best cater to the needs of children so that they can fully unleash their potential to reach their future goals.'
Since then, as a private provider and an innovator in education, the SOSHI Educational Group has continued its pursuit of 'education as a creative challenge.' 50 years have already passed since our start, and we have grown to cover a whole range of education from preschool to tertiary levels.
Like a big forest that embraces thousands of lives, our group has developed itself as a consortium of educational institutions, where collaborative activities between schools are causing synergistic effects. Education can go beyond borders and generations, creating the future of society. In the pursuit of creative solutions to educational challenges, we are developing individuals who can offer new values to a rapidly changing, more diversified world.
'We can create new values only when we continue to challenge conventional practices.'
Challenge and creation. This is the source of growth both in education and in the individual. To encourage young people and help them make their dreams come true, we will continue our educational pursuits. Our pursuit of education as a creative challenge never ends. Our journey into the next 50 years has just started.
With passion, conviction and determination, we continue to move forward in creating new conceptions of education.
Chair of the Board, SOSHI GAKUEN Incorporated
IPU NEW ZEALAND'S SISTER UNIVERSITY
INTERNATIONAL PACIFIC UNIVERSITY (IPU Japan)
International Pacific University was established in 2007 in Okayama city, Japan. It comprises two faculties and five departments, including Departments of Management of Education, Early Childhood Development, International Education, Physical Education and Health Science.
IPU, just like the partner institution in New Zealand, IPU New Zealand, is a place where students can increase their employability at global enterprises around the world and acquire sophisticated, business-savvy Japanese fluency.
IPU has its own student support team to make sure that international students’ study and stay in Japan is safe and enjoyable. The world-class sporting and cultural facilities at IPU are state of the art.
Located in the west of Japan, which has easy train access to major cities like Kobe, Osaka and Kyoto, Okayama has its own large business and commercial district, where students can explore old and new cultures and enjoy urban life.
International Pacific University website ›
IPU NEW ZEALAND'S PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
In keeping with our vision as a truly international tertiary educational institution, IPU New Zealand is constantly strengthening and expanding its international network in order to continue appealing to students and families across the world.
In recent years, we have signed Memoranda of Understanding with universities and high schools in countries that include Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, Tajikistan and Japan. Building relationships and further developing our recruitment activities are key steps in adding to IPU New Zealand's international focus and character.
- Unichristus, Fortaleza, Ceará
- FECAP - Fundação Escola de Comércio Álvares Penteado, São Paulo
- Del Rey Colégio Internacional, Passos, Minas Gerais
- Colégio Santo Antônio, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- National Institute of Japanese language courses in Middle School
- Guilin University of Technology, Guangxi Province
- Guizhou University, Guiyang, Guizhou Province
- Liaoning University of Technology, Liaoning Province
- Dali University, Yunnan Province
- Jiao Zuo University, Jiaozuo, Henan Province
- Shanghai Industrial and Commercial Polytechnic, Shanghai
- Xingtai University, Hebei Province
- South West University of Political Science and Law, Chongqing (Municipality)
- Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao, Shandong Province
- President University, Jakarta
- Universitas MaChung, Malang
- Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
- International Pacific University, Okayama
- Tokyo International Business College, Tokyo
- Kanda Gaigo-gakuin, Tokyo
- Suleyman Demirel University, Almaty
- ITESO - Universidad Jesuita de Guadalajara Guadalajara, Jalisco
- ICT - Instituto Cultural Tampico, Tampico, Tamaulipas
- Vladivostok State University of Economics and Service, Vladivostok
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg
- MiSIS - National University of Science and Technology, Moscow
- National Chengchi University, Taipei
- Tajik State University of Commerce, Dushanbe
- Lyceum of Tajik State University of Commerce, Dushanbe
- Rangsit University, Bangkok
- Payap University, Chiang Mai
- Karshi State University, Karshi
- Samarkand State University, Samarkand
- Banking-Finance Academy, Tashkent
- Uzbekistan State University of Languages, Tashkent
- "El-Yurt Umidi" - Foundation for training specialist abroad under the Agency for the Development of Public service and the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent
- The Republican Research Center for Development of Innovative Methods in Teaching Foreign Languages at the Uzbekistan State University of World Languages, Tahkent
- Academic Lyceum of the Uzbekistan State World Languages University, Tashkent
- Academic Lyceum of Westminster University in Tashkent
- Foreign Trade University
- Ho Chi Minh City Department of Education and Training