IPU New Zealand is an innovative tertiary institution situated on an attractive campus of 15.4 hectares on the outskirts of Palmerston North, New Zealand. Established in 1990 and operating for over 25 years, currently we have 450 students of 24 nationalities. All programmes are fully accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). IPU New Zealand offers a Bachelor of Contemporary International Studies (unique interdisciplinary programmes covering International Relations, Business Studies, Environmental Studies, and Language and Culture), Diploma of Japanese Studies, Trinity TESOL, a Graduate and Postgraduate Diploma of International Studies, English Certificates, Tourism Studies, and an interdisciplinary Master's degree.
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist. This is a pivotal position to ensure successful student recruitment both onshore and offshore through effective marketing strategies and advertising campaigns. Our target overseas regions are: China, Korea and Vietnam.
- Formulate recruitment strategies
- Recruit students both onshore and offshore (target regions: China, Korea and Vietnam) by disseminating the benefits of studying at IPU New Zealand.
- Identify promotional activities for successful student recruitment
- Coordinate production of advertising campaigns
- Develop relationships with community groups at national and international levels in order to promote IPU New Zealand
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary degree or equivalent work experience in the education sector
- Fluent in either Mandarin, Korean or Vietnamese with a good cultural understanding of one of these regions.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Sales or marketing experience in the education sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computer software, and databases
- Self-starter, proven ability to show initiative, passionate and motivated
- Open, friendly and honest, flexible to change
- Determined to achieve, proven ability to work to deadlines
- Team player, prepared to go the extra mile and be part of the IPU New Zealand culture
This is a highly-skilled, fixed-term, full-time position. A job description and person specification together with application details are available at IPU New Zealand's website: ipu.ac.nz/employment
Please forward an application form, cover letter, and your curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of two referees by 10 December 2017 to:
IPU New Zealand
Private Bag 11021
Manawatu Mail Centre
Palmerston North 4442
The Institute reserves the right not to make an appointment or to appoint by invitation.