LEVEL 5 BUSINESS STUDIES (PROJECT MANAGEMENT)
Students in the Level 5 Business Studies (Project Management) programme gain general and specialised knowledge of a range of operational roles to deliver high quality outcomes for New Zealand for-profit and non-profit organisations.
Core project management modules develop students’ technical knowledge and personal skills in initiating, managing, and reviewing group activities to achieve project outcomes. Graduates will be able to apply specialised knowledge and skills to design, lead, and evaluate projects that meet business objectives. This programme leads to the achievement of the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Project Management) (Level 5).
Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students
- Completion of Year 12
Dean will consider prior learning (e.g. work experience in the area, literacy and numeracy credits to University Entrance levels).
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4)
- Graduation from high school in home country
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0 or equivalent score on an acceptable international English proficiency test
RECOMMENDED PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
- Any New Zealand Certificate in Business (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Project Management (Level 4) or equivalent
- Relevant work experience
- 120 credits, full time, two semesters
- 8 compulsory modules, includes practical project management component
Graduates may apply for further study in business programmes at Level 6 and Level 7 on the NZQF, including cross credit into the first year of the Bachelor of Contemporary International Studies at IPU New Zealand.
Graduates will have the skills and applied knowledge to work in project management roles within a variety of business entities, non-profit organisations, and community groups.
- Project manager
- Small business owner
- Manager or supervisor