- English Language Teacher (9 Weeks)
English Language Teacher
IPU New Zealand is an innovative tertiary institution situated on an attractive campus of 15.4 hectares on the outskirts of Palmerston North, New Zealand. Established in 1990 and operating for over 25 years, currently we have 450 students of 24 nationalities. All programmes are fully accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). IPU New Zealand offers a Bachelor of Contemporary International Studies (unique interdisciplinary programmes covering International Relations, Business Studies, Environmental Studies, and Language and Culture), Diploma of Japanese Studies, Trinity TESOL, a Graduate and Postgraduate Diploma of International Studies, English Certificates, Tourism Studies, and an interdisciplinary Master's degree.
We are looking for an English language teacher to teach in our English Language Studies programme. This position involves planning and teaching ESOL classes to international students.
The successful applicant will also be required to assess students, monitor their progress and support students in their studies.
Duration of the contract
9 weeks from 15 Jan 2018 – 16 Mar 2018
$8,000 - $10,000 (for 9 Weeks)
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Appropriate degree plus a teaching qualification (TESOL preferred).
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Commitment to supporting students to achieve a high level of English competency upon graduation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- High level of commitment to student learning and welfare.
- Sensitivity to other cultures' values and practices.
- Understanding and empathy with the difficulties faced by second language learners pursuing qualifications through their second language and willingness to further support their effort.
This is a highly-skilled, fixed-term, full-time position.
Please forward a cover letter and your curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of two referees by 17 December 2017 to:
IPU New Zealand
Private Bag 11021
Manawatu Mail Centre
Palmerston North 4442
The Institute reserves the right not to make an appointment or to appoint by invitation.
- Lecturer (Fixed Term)
- English Tutor/Mentor - Fixed Term
- Lecturer / Project Facilitator (Project - Japanese Language for Business)